Two players leave Texas Tech
The 6-foot-3, 319-pound Thomas was a two-year starter at guard, but coach Tommy Tuberville says he was sliding down the depth chart because of conditioning and medical issues.
Tuberville says Johnson was leaving to transfer to Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Miss., to be closer to New Orleans, his hometown.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sun Devils promote Norvell to deputy HC
- Source: Bowling Green hires EIU's Babers
- Lineman Pettway finalizes return to Alabama
- Jackson St. fires coach after 8-1 SWAC record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Women's Texas Tech Red Raiders #7 Red Football Replica Jersey