Two players leave Texas Tech
The 6-foot-3, 319-pound Thomas was a two-year starter at guard, but coach Tommy Tuberville says he was sliding down the depth chart because of conditioning and medical issues.
Tuberville says Johnson was leaving to transfer to Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Miss., to be closer to New Orleans, his hometown.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Strong dose of reality: No 2014 title for Texas
- Swinney: We welcome players of all faith
- Vols RB Hill to transfer from 'first true love'
- Source: Tide-ex Lindsay transfers to Ohio St.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Texas Tech Red Raiders Tailgater Junior-Size Football