Greg Reid lands at Valdosta State
VALDOSTA, Ga. -- Former Florida State cornerback Greg Reid has enrolled at Division II Valdosta State and is practicing with the team.
By transferring out of the FBS, Reid does not need to sit out and is eligible to play this season for the Blazers.
Reid was dismissed from the team at Florida State earlier this month for a violation of team rules. The senior had been charged with possession of marijuana and driving without a valid license after a traffic stop in Valdosta in July. Reid was also suspended one game last season for a team rules violation.
Reid led the nation in punt return average as a freshman and needed 313 yards to break Deion Sanders' Florida State record of 1,429 yards on punt returns.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida State Seminoles Black #5 Replica Football T-Shirt