Marcus Lattimore plays in scrimmage
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina tailback Marcus Lattimore looked strong in his brief showing at the Gamecocks' scrimmage Wednesday night.
Lattimore is returning from knee ligament surgery after tearing his ACL against Mississippi State midway through last season. Lattimore missed South Carolina's final six games.
Lattimore didn't play after South Carolina's first two offensive series. He rushed for 23 yards on five carries, two which went for first downs. He also caught a pass for 5 yards. Lattimore also showed off his tough, inside running style, breaking several tackles.
Lattimore's been South Carolina's leading rusher the past two seasons. He gained 1,197 yards as a freshman. He had 808 yards through seven games a year ago when he got hurt.
The Gamecocks open the season at Vanderbilt on Aug. 30.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas hires search committee for new coach
- Irish charming recruits with 'Pots of Gold'
- Huskies investigate alleged recruiting violations
- Florida, Michigan to kick off '17 in Arlington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth South Carolina Gamecocks Garnet Football T-Shirt