Taylor Kelly named ASU's starting QB
In a mild upset, Taylor Kelly will start at quarterback for Arizona State against Northern Arizona on Aug. 30.
At the end of spring practices, Kelly appeared to rank third and Bercovici first, but Kelly took control early in preseason practices and has been running with the first team most of the month.
While the initial announcement was made without comment, it's almost certain Eubank will see significant playing time. He's the best runner of the three, and first-year coach Todd Graham wants to use his quarterbacks in an option running game. Graham has repeatedly said that Eubank will see game action this fall.
Kelly, 6-foot-1, 203 pounds, was 4-of-4 for 31 yards last season, all in an appearance against Colorado.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arizona State Sun Devils Maroon Football Practice Legend T-Shirt