Connor Shaw has back spasms
Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier said on his radio call-in show that Shaw was struggling to move at practice, so the coaches sent him to the training room for treatment. South Carolina returns to the practice field Saturday. Spurrier said he hoped the day off would help Shaw's condition.
Shaw is a junior beginning his first full season as starting quarterback. He took over the job last fall for Stephen Garcia, who was dismissed from the program. Shaw went 7-1 after taking over as South Carolina won a program-record 11 games. Shaw threw for 1,218 yards and 12 touchdowns. He rushed for 483 yards and seven TDs.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- UConn hires ND coordinator Diaco as coach
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Bama kicker given letter of support by Bush
- Texas Tech QB Mayfield will seek transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's South Carolina Gamecocks #7 White Replica Football Jersey