Auburn suspends Reese Dismukes
Chizik says he is "very disappointed in Reese Dismukes for his irresponsible behavior" Friday night. The suspension comes eight days before the Tigers open against Clemson in Atlanta's Georgia Dome.
Chizik did not say how long Dismukes' suspension would last. The Lee County sheriff's office said that the starter was released on a $300 bond. It did not offer further details.
Dismukes was one of the only certainties on Auburn's offensive line, which has had competition at several positions. His backup is sophomore Tunde Fariyike.
Dismukes did not return a message seeking comment. He was one of two offensive players to start every game last season at the same position.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
- Stanford WR Montgomery rehabbing shoulder
- OU RB banned from team amid investigation
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Auburn Tigers 2014 Football Schedule Blue T-Shirt