Rod Davis, Fatu Ulale ineligible
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- The NCAA has declared two New Mexico football players ineligible for several games at the start of the season.
University officials said Wednesday that they self-reported impermissible benefit violations to the NCAA concerning senior defensive linemen Rod Davis and Fatu Ulale. The NCAA declared Ulale ineligible for the first four games of this season and Davis the first two games.
School officials say the violations occurred during the 2011 season and both players are in the process of repaying the value of the benefits.
Davis will be eligible to return for the Texas Tech game on Sept. 15 and Ulale for the Boise State game Sept. 29.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
- ACC to review 8-game schedule at meeting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Gamemaster New Mexico State Aggies Throwback Mini Football