Greg Reid has torn ACL
VALDOSTA, Ga. -- Valdosta State's Greg Reid is out for the season with a knee injury.
Valdosta State sports information director Shawn Reed said Wednesday that Reid tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a scrimmage. The spokesman said coaches felt "awful" about Reid's injury.
Reid starred at Florida State for three years as a cornerback and was one of the nation's best punt returners before being kicked off the team a month ago for a violation of team rules. Reid was penciled in as a starter in both roles after transferring to Valdosta State. He has a redshirt year available if he chooses to use it.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Florida State Seminoles Garnet #5 Replica Football T-Shirt