Bill Young to miss season opener
Oklahoma State defensive coordinator Bill Young will miss Saturday's season opener against Savannah State after undergoing a medical procedure, the school announced Thursday.
Young is expected to return in 7-10 days but also likely will miss the Cowboys' road game against Arizona on Sept. 8.
Linebackers coach Glenn Spencer will replace Young as coordinator until he returns. Young has coordinated Oklahoma State's defense since 2009, when he returned to the school where his coaching career began back in 1968.
In 2011, Oklahoma State finished 107th nationally in total defense but forced 44 turnovers, five more than any other team in college football.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Four QBs, two RBs named Heisman finalists
- Clowney gets ticket for driving 110 in S.C.
- Wake Forest hires coach Clawson of BGSU
- Okla. St. to discipline cheerleader over gaffe
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Oklahoma State Cowboys "Football" Ultra Decal