Caleb TerBush suspended
The Boilermakers said TerBush would serve a one-game suspension for violating team rules. Sixth-year senior Robert Marve will start against the FCS Colonels.
TerBush started all 13 games for Purdue last season, finishing with 1,905 passing yards and 13 touchdowns. The team has depth at the position, however, as both Marve and Rob Henry have started games at quarterback.
It has been a tough opening week for Purdue, which dismissed starting middle linebacker and leading returning tackler Dwayne Beckford on Wednesday after his fourth arrest in a little more than a year.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Purdue Boilermakers Hail Mary Youth Football