Caleb TerBush to start vs. Irish
Boilermakers coach Danny Hope announced TerBush as the starter Monday night during his weekly radio show. TerBush, who started last season and retained the top job in preseason camp, was suspended for an undisclosed violation of team rules. TerBush didn't disclose the violation Monday and said he watched the opener against Eastern Kentucky from the team's equipment room.
Senior Robert Marve got the start and completed 30 of 38 passes for 295 yards with three touchdowns and an interception in a 48-6 victory. Marve and TerBush are listed as co-starters on the depth chart for Notre Dame, despite TerBush getting the start.
TerBush started all 13 games in 2011 and completed 171 of 277 passing attempts for 1,905 yards and 13 touchdowns with six interceptions.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
- Giving back: Beadles donates $750K to Utes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Purdue Boilermakers Hail Mary Youth Football