No timetable for Kiero Small's return
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach John L. Smith says starting fullback Kiero Small injured a foot Wednesday and is expected to undergo surgery.
Smith didn't offer any more details about the injury or how long the senior will be out, but said the injury occurred during a non-contact drill at practice.
Small transferred to the No. 8 Razorbacks prior to last season from junior college. He entered this season as one of Arkansas' most reliable blockers and also spent part of preseason camp working as a backup linebacker.
The Razorbacks (1-0) host Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday night in Little Rock's War Memorial Stadium.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Vandy hires Utah St.'s Maile as D-line coach
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arkansas Razorbacks Hail Mary Youth-Sized Football