QB Tre Roberson will redshirt
Hoosiers coach Kevin Wilson said Roberson will need 3-4 months to recover and will redshirt the season.
Roberson took over the starting job midway through his freshman year in 2011, and he started Indiana's first two games this season, including last week's win against Indiana State.
Roberson had three first-quarter touchdowns against Massachusetts, including runs of 50 and 39 yards. Cameron Coffman, a junior-college transfer, took over at quarterback and finished out Indiana's victory.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Former Cal AD Barbour hired by Penn State
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- UGA frosh Bellamy faces DUI, speeding charges
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Indiana Hoosiers Crimson Sideline Player Performance T-Shirt