Troy Calhoun explains blackout
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. -- Air Force football coach Troy Calhoun says he canceled all postgame interviews after the Falcons' tough loss at Michigan last weekend so he could get his players back to spend more time on academics.
Calhoun said his decision to make himself and his players off-limits after the Falcons' 31-25 loss at Ann Arbor had nothing to do with anything that happened during the game.
Calhoun said he "brought a bunch of instructors on the trip" because "we have a bunch of exams and papers and projects" that are coming up. He said he also wanted his players to spend a few minutes with their families after the game before flying back to Colorado Springs.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Air Force Falcons Hail Mary Youth-Size Football