Frank Clark remains on team
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan coach Brady Hoke said Wednesday that sophomore defensive end Frank Clark would remain a member of the team despite his guilty plea Tuesday to felony second-degree home invasion.
"Frank Clark's status hasn't changed, won't change," Hoke said. "The judicial system, obviously, he's paying for that. He's paid a pretty heavy price with us. He's a teammate, made a bad decision that is not what we want, but he is a teammate and he is part of our family."
Hoke would not take further questions about Clark or how he arrived at his decision.
Clark had been suspended indefinitely after being arrested for stealing a laptop from a dorm room June 14. He was allowed to return to practice after sitting out the first week of fall camp.
Clark pleaded guilty in Michigan's 22nd Circuit Court on Tuesday and will be sentenced Oct. 23 under the Holmes Youthful Trainee Act, which is a first-offender program for people under 21.
Under HYTA, if Clark completes the terms of his sentencing without violation, his record will be expunged. If he fails to do so, he will be brought back to court and re-sentenced without HYTA provisions. The maximum penalty for his crime is 15 years in prison.