3 charged in Montee Ball attack
MADISON, Wis. -- Three University of Wisconsin students have been charged in attack on Badgers' running back Montee Ball.
Wendell Venerable, Robert Wilks and Deonte Wilson appeared in Dane County Circuit Court on Monday where a judge continued their signature bonds. A criminal complaint says Ball was kicked and punched Aug. 1 as he walked in Madison. The complaint says a friend interrupted the attack when she threw herself over Ball on the ground.
Prosecutors say witnesses identified the three men, all 21, by looking at surveillance video from a nearby apartment building. WKOW-TV reports witnesses told investigators they heard the attackers say they planned to target football players in retaliation for a previous fight at a party when one of them was hurt.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Wisconsin Badgers Tailgater Junior-Size Football