WR Andre McDonald hospitalized
Gophers spokesman Paul Rovnak said McDonald was undergoing tests Thursday afternoon but had no further information on the nature or severity of McDonald's condition. But McDonald told the Minnesota Daily student newspaper in a phone interview he "had a little problem" with his heart.
McDonald was one of the team's top recruits this year from Hopkins High School in the Minneapolis suburbs. He played in the season opener at UNLV and caught one pass, but he scraped his leg on the turf and developed an infection. McDonald didn't play in either of Minnesota's past two games.
The Gophers play Syracuse at home on Saturday night.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Adidas inks Louisville to $40M deal
- Veteran Dierdorf back in booth at Michigan
- Watchdog group targets Swinney, Clemson
- Cozart is Weis' choice as Kansas' starting QB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Minnesota Golden Gophers Maroon Football Practice Legend T-Shirt