Montee Ball exits, doesn't return
The team's training staff attended to Ball after he took a shot to his head on a 1-yard touchdown run. They appeared to put Ball through some concussion tests before ruling him out for the game.
James White replaced Ball in the Wisconsin backfield.
Ball, a 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist, suffered a concussion this summer when he was attacked by a group of men in downtown Madison.
Ball finished the day with nine carries for 40 yards. He also had the first fumble of his career; he had carried the ball 654 times without turning it over before his miscue on the opening drive.
He has 360 rushing yards and three touchdowns this season.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Wisconsin Badgers Red Sideline Razor T-Shirt