Montee Ball exits, doesn't return
The team's training staff attended to Ball after he took a shot to his head on a 1-yard touchdown run. They appeared to put Ball through some concussion tests before ruling him out for the game.
James White replaced Ball in the Wisconsin backfield.
Ball, a 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist, suffered a concussion this summer when he was attacked by a group of men in downtown Madison.
Ball finished the day with nine carries for 40 yards. He also had the first fumble of his career; he had carried the ball 654 times without turning it over before his miscue on the opening drive.
He has 360 rushing yards and three touchdowns this season.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Adidas inks Louisville to $40M deal
- Veteran Dierdorf back in booth at Michigan
- Watchdog group targets Swinney, Clemson
- Cozart is Weis' choice as Kansas' starting QB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Wisconsin Badgers #4 White Replica Football Jersey