Bret Harris arrested for threat
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Former Arkansas linebacker Bret Harris has been arrested for allegedly threatening to kill the school's head athletic trainer on his Twitter account.
Harris was arrested by university police Tuesday evening. The 23-year-old is charged with a felony count of terroristic threatening against Matt Summers, who is in his fourth year as the Razorbacks' trainer.
According to preliminary university police report, Harris wrote, "I am going to kill you," to Summers via Twitter. The Irving, Texas, native is being held in the Washington County Detention Center on $20,000 bond.
Harris played at Arkansas from 2007 through last season.
University spokesman Kevin Trainor declined comment, saying the incident was a "pending police matter."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Black 2013 Football Schedule T-Shirt