Ohio State, Texas set series
The series will begin on Sept. 17, 2022, in Austin, and will return to Columbus on Sept. 16, 2023.
The Buckeyes and Longhorns have met three times -- in the 2005 and 2006 regular seasons and in the 2009 Fiesta Bowl. Texas leads the series, 2-1, including a memorable win in Columbus in 2005 during the Longhorns' national title season. Texas also won the Fiesta Bowl, 24-21.
"Playing a program like the University of Texas always creates remarkable experiences for our players and fans," Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith said in a statement. "Our last series with the Longhorns contributed to the great history and tradition that Buckeye Nation enjoys."
Smith has said Ohio State will beef up its nonconference schedules in the future. Last week, the Buckeyes announced a home-and-home series with TCU in 2018 and 2019.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ohio State Buckeyes Black Project Fresh Stadium Lights Performance Hoodie