Former Michigan co-captain dies
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Tom Coyle, a co-captain for Michigan's football team in 1972, has died. He was 62.
The school announced Coyle's death Wednesday. He died Tuesday at his home in Tampa, Fla.
Coyle was a co-captain with Randy Logan in 1972 and a three-time letterwinner for the Wolverines. Michigan went 30-3 in those three seasons. Coyle started 32 games at right guard during that span.
Fritz Seyferth, a teammate of Coyle's, called him a great leader who took coach Bo Schembechler's message to heart.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- UW coach: Rules claims are 'untrue attacks'
- Report: BC, ND in talks to play at Fenway Park
- Bama LB Dickson suspended for Sugar Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Michigan Wolverines #12 Blue Replica Football Jersey