Derek Dooley to coach from stool
Dooley worked from the press box last week in a 41-31 loss at Mississippi State after undergoing surgery on Oct. 9 on a fractured right hip.
Dooley had said earlier this week he probably would return to the press box for the Alabama game, though he added that he didn't like the experience because he couldn't look in his players' eyes.
Until last week, Dooley hadn't worked a game from the press box since his 2005-06 stint as the Miami Dolphins' tight ends coach. He was the first Tennessee head coach to work a game from the press box since Johnny Majors on Sept. 26, 1992.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Tennessee Volunteers #45 Replica Football Jersey