Chris Thompson (knee) won't return
Thompson was hurt after a juggling 32-yard catch, when his knee bent awkwardly while being tackled. He was helped off the field, and the school announced later he was out.
At the time of his injury, Thompson had 94 of the Seminoles' 112 total yards.
The senior is a leading candidate to become the ACC's comeback player of the year after missing most of last season with a broken back. He returned this season and came into Saturday's game with 640 total yards, putting him on pace to become the school's first 1,000-yard rusher since Warrick Dunn in 1996.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida State Seminoles Drive Defender Half-zip Hybrid Black Top