Marcus Lattimore to start vs. Vols
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier expects star running back Marcus Lattimore back in the starting lineup this week against Tennessee.
Lattimore missed several practices last week with a hip bruise and got only three carries for 13 yards in a 44-11 loss to No. 2 Florida this past Saturday.
Spurrier said Sunday it didn't make sense to send Lattimore back into the game and risk aggravating the injury once the Gators opened a 21-3 lead midway through the second quarter.
The Gamecocks (6-2, 4-2 Southeastern Conference) rushed for just 36 yards. Kenny Miles started for Lattimore at The Swamp and finished with 15 yards. Freshman Mike Davis was the team leader with 20 yards on the ground.
South Carolina fell eight spots in Sunday's AP poll to No. 17.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
- Fitzgerald: Union push 'unified' Northwestern
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's South Carolina Gamecocks Garnet Football Tech Performance T-Shirt