Iowa's Brandon Scherff has surgery
Scherff reportedly suffered a broken fibula and a dislocated ankle. The sophomore was taken from the field in a cart after suffering the injuries in the first half of Iowa's 38-14 loss. Coach Kirk Ferentz told hawkeyesports.com on Sunday that Scherff is out "a couple months." Ferentz said after the game that Scherff likely would be lost for the season.
Scherff, who started four games at guard as a redshirt freshman in 2011, moved over to left tackle before this year.
Hawkeyes guard Andrew Donnal, who hurt his knee against Penn State, is undergoing additional testing to determine the severity of his injury.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Strong dose of reality: No 2014 title for Texas
- Swinney: We welcome players of all faith
- Michigan's Glasgow to be arraigned for DWI
- Vols RB Hill to transfer from 'first true love'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Iowa Hawkeyes Game Time Full-Size Football