Iowa's Brandon Scherff has surgery
Scherff reportedly suffered a broken fibula and a dislocated ankle. The sophomore was taken from the field in a cart after suffering the injuries in the first half of Iowa's 38-14 loss. Coach Kirk Ferentz told hawkeyesports.com on Sunday that Scherff is out "a couple months." Ferentz said after the game that Scherff likely would be lost for the season.
Scherff, who started four games at guard as a redshirt freshman in 2011, moved over to left tackle before this year.
Hawkeyes guard Andrew Donnal, who hurt his knee against Penn State, is undergoing additional testing to determine the severity of his injury.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
- ACC to review 8-game schedule at meeting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Iowa Hawkeyes Black #44 Football Game Jersey