Oregon, Ohio State agree on series
The first game will be played in Eugene, Ore., on Sept. 12, 2020, with the Ducks coming to Columbus, Ohio, on Sept. 11, 2021. The two teams are ranked in the top 10 of the Associated Press poll, and have combined to play in 13 BCS games.
Oregon and Ohio State have met eight times, the last time in the 2010 Rose Bowl. The Buckeyes won that game 26-17 and also beat the Ducks 10-7 in the 1958 Rose Bowl.
Ohio State has made a concerted effort to beef up its future nonconference schedules. Tuesday's announcement comes on the heels of recent agreements to play home-and-home series with TCU (2018 and 2019) and Texas (2022 and 2023).
The Buckeyes also said Tuesday they have completed their 2016 schedule by adding Tulsa and Central Michigan to the docket.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ohio State Buckeyes #5 Scarlet Replica Game Football Jersey