Jake Knott likely out for season
AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State senior linebacker Jake Knott is likely out for the season with a torn left shoulder.
Cyclones coach Paul Rhoads says Knott, the reigning Big 12 defensive player of the week and a first-team All-Big 12 pick in 2011, had surgery Monday in Chicago.
Rhoads says Knott might make it back for a potential bowl game. But the Cyclones won't know more until later in the week.
Knott injured his shoulder on Oct. 20 against Oklahoma State, but he returned and had 11 tackles and forced a fumble in Iowa State's 35-21 win on Saturday over Baylor.
Rhoads says Knott was a selfless team player whose leadership will be missed.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA prez Emmert: Food rule was 'absurd'
- NCAA proposes hardship transfers sit 1 year
- Texas AD: Union push 'smells' of attorneys
- Broncos' visits to Bama catch NFL's attention
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Iowa State Cyclones Cardinal Football Practice Legend T-Shirt