Jake Knott likely out for season
AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State senior linebacker Jake Knott is likely out for the season with a torn left shoulder.
Cyclones coach Paul Rhoads says Knott, the reigning Big 12 defensive player of the week and a first-team All-Big 12 pick in 2011, had surgery Monday in Chicago.
Rhoads says Knott might make it back for a potential bowl game. But the Cyclones won't know more until later in the week.
Knott injured his shoulder on Oct. 20 against Oklahoma State, but he returned and had 11 tackles and forced a fumble in Iowa State's 35-21 win on Saturday over Baylor.
Rhoads says Knott was a selfless team player whose leadership will be missed.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
- Carter latest TCU player arrested for drugs
- Swinney: We welcome players of all faith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Iowa State Cyclones Cardinal #52 Football Game Jersey