Two miss Oklahoma practice
NORMAN, Okla. -- Leading rusher Damien Williams and starting left tackle Lane Johnson missed practice Monday for Oklahoma (No. 12 BCS, No. 14 AP) with ankle injuries, but coach Bob Stoops is holding out hope they'll be able to play Saturday at Iowa State.
Williams and Johnson were both injured in the Sooners' 30-13 loss to Notre Dame on Saturday. Stoops said Monday at his weekly news conference that he hopes both can be back in practice by Wednesday.
Williams is Oklahoma's top rusher with 581 yards on 87 carries this season with seven touchdowns. He limped off the field with 29 seconds left in the game, but Stoops says he was hurt earlier and was playing through pain.
Johnson has started every game this season at left tackle for the Sooners (5-2, 3-1 Big 12).
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Oklahoma Sooners White #10 Football Game Jersey