Solomon Patton out with broken arm
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida (No. 7 BCS, No. 8 AP) will be without receiver Solomon Patton for the rest of the season.
Patton, a junior from Mobile, Ala., broke his left arm in Saturday's 17-9 loss to rival Georgia. Coach Will Muschamp said Monday that Patton won't play again this year.
Patton has just one reception for 17 yards this season. But he has 14 carries for 140 yards and has played an integral role on special teams.
Muschamp says Patton will be back in the spring and "will be fine." Muschamp adds that seldom-used junior Andre Debose will see increased playing time in Patton's absence.
Muschamp says replacing Patton will be a challenge because "he's a guy that can get on the edge and do some good things."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- No. 1 QB Murray stays with A&M after UT visit
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Florida Gators White #1 Football Game Jersey