Tre Walker has serious knee injury
MANHATTAN, Kan. -- It appears that Kansas State linebacker Tre Walker will miss significant time after hurting his right knee in Saturday's win over Texas Tech.
Wildcats coach Bill Snyder has a policy to not discuss injuries, but Walker tweeted on Tuesday that he was on crutches and teammates indicated he may not return this season.
Walker made 52 tackles and three tackles for loss while helping the third-ranked Wildcats to an 8-0 start. They're 5-0 in the Big 12 heading into Saturday's game against Oklahoma State.
Kansas State moved to No. 2 in the BCS standings this week.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Paterno to have new statue in State College
- Ex-BC player charged in homeless man attack
- Carter latest TCU player arrested for drugs
- Swinney: We welcome players of all faith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kansas State Wildcats Purple Football Practice Legend T-Shirt