Tre Walker has serious knee injury
MANHATTAN, Kan. -- It appears that Kansas State linebacker Tre Walker will miss significant time after hurting his right knee in Saturday's win over Texas Tech.
Wildcats coach Bill Snyder has a policy to not discuss injuries, but Walker tweeted on Tuesday that he was on crutches and teammates indicated he may not return this season.
Walker made 52 tackles and three tackles for loss while helping the third-ranked Wildcats to an 8-0 start. They're 5-0 in the Big 12 heading into Saturday's game against Oklahoma State.
Kansas State moved to No. 2 in the BCS standings this week.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- QBs fail to impress in Alabama spring game
- Texas LB Edmond: Loss to 'trash' Baylor hurts
- Sources: Wittek visits Texas for spring game
- Strong era begins at Texas with shaky QB play
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Kansas State Wildcats Hail Mary Youth-Size Football