Terrell Williams arrested for DWI
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas linebacker Terrell Williams has been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated.
Williams, a senior for the Razorbacks, was arrested by Fayetteville police early Sunday morning before being booked into the Washington County Detention Center at 4:07 a.m. He was released five hours later.
Arkansas coach John L. Smith says in a statement that Williams has been suspended indefinitely.
Williams had seven tackles in the Razorbacks' 19-15 win over Tulsa on Saturday. He moved into a starting role this season after season-ending injuries to starters Tenarius Wright and Alonzo Highsmith.
Arkansas (4-5, 2-3 Southeastern Conference) plays at South Carolina next week.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ohio St. turns to 'meticulous' Barrett at QB
- Auburn's revenge? Updyke into dunk tank
- Volcano threatens Penn State's Ireland opener
- Kent State's Bitsko, 21, found dead in bed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Speed Legend Cardinal Long Sleeve Performance Shirt