Justin Britt out with knee injury
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri right tackle Justin Britt will miss the remainder of the season after injuring his right knee against Florida.
The junior starter left the Tigers' loss at Florida (No. 6 BCS, No. 7 AP) in the second quarter Saturday. After the game, coach Gary Pinkel speculated that Britt tore the anterior cruciate ligament in the knee. Pinkel said Monday that the extent of the injury will be known when Britt has surgery Nov. 16.
Britt and freshman left guard Evan Boehm have been the only offensive linemen to start every game for Missouri (4-5, 1-5 Southeastern Conference).
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Alabama's Reed arrested, charged with DUI
- Marshall out of media days after pot citation
- Winston: FSU degree 'very important to me'
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Black Speed Legend Long Sleeve Performance Shirt