Marcus Lattimore won't attend game
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Injured South Carolina tailback Marcus Lattimore won't attend the Gamecocks (No. 8 BCS, No. 12 AP) contest with Arkansas on Saturday.
The school said Thursday that Lattimore, team physician Dr. Jeffrey Guy and head trainer Clint Haggard agreed that Lattimore should not attend. Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier had said earlier in the week that Lattimore would be on hand when the school unveiled signage at Williams-Brice Stadium honoring the junior for his school career-best 38 rushing touchdowns.
Lattimore suffered a gruesome right knee injury against Tennessee two weeks ago. He had surgery last Friday, Guy and other surgeons repairing several knee ligaments. Guy says there are no plans for additional operations.
The school says Lattimore is in good spirits and has started his rehabilitation. Lattimore finished the season with 662 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
- Bowl dispels rumors, 'no doubt' about Duke
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's South Carolina Gamecocks Garnet #7 Replica Football Flyweight T-Shirt