Vols LB Curt Maggitt has torn ACL
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee linebacker Curt Maggitt will miss the remainder of the season after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament Saturday in a 51-48 overtime loss to Missouri.
Volunteers coach Derek Dooley announced Maggitt's condition at his Monday news conference.
Maggitt recorded 30 overall tackles and made nine starts this season. He is tied for the team lead with five tackles for loss despite dealing with turf toe and a shoulder injury earlier in the year.
Maggitt was having one of his best games of the season Saturday. He compiled two tackles for loss, a pass breakup and three quarterback hurries.
Last year, Maggitt started eight games and collected 56 tackles, the fourth-highest total by a true freshman in school history.
Tennessee (4-6, 0-6 SEC) plays Saturday at Vanderbilt (6-4, 4-3).
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- North Dakota St. cruises into FCS title game
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Tennessee Volunteers White Faithful T-Shirt