Gamecocks start Dylan Thompson
CLEMSON, S.C. -- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw is not starting against Clemson (No. 11 BCS, No. 12 AP).
Shaw aggravated a sprained foot last week for the Gamecocks (No. 12, No. 13) and practiced sparingly before Saturday's game against the Tigers.
Sophomore Dylan Thompson got the start instead. It is Thompson's second start. He replaced Shaw earlier this year against East Carolina after the junior suffered a hairline fracture to his shoulder.
Thompson threw for 330 yards against the Pirates. Since then, his only significant time has been in the second half against UAB and the final two quarters against Florida.
Shaw ran for 107 yards and a touchdown and threw for 210 yards and three touchdowns as the Gamecocks beat the Tigers 34-13 last season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's South Carolina Gamecocks #7 White Replica Football Jersey