Rafi Montalvo in coma after accident
Navy third-string quarterback Rafi Montalvo is in a medically-induced coma after being injured in a single-car accident in Miami on Thanksgiving night.
The freshman was a passenger in the vehicle, and alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
According to Navy athletics spokesman Scott Strasemeier, Montalvo's condition was improving on Sunday.
Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo flew to Miami on Saturday to comfort the family, the Annapolis Capital reported.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Navy Midshipmen Navy Football Tech Performance T-Shirt