Finalists named for Lott Trophy
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- Georgia's Jarvis Jones, Manti Te'o of Notre Dame, Stanford's Chase Thomas and Arthur Brown of Kansas State are the finalists for the Lott IMPACT Trophy, given to the collegiate defensive player having the biggest impact on his team.
The winner of the award named for Hall of Fame defensive back Ronnie Lott will be announced on Dec. 9.
Each of the finalists was recommended by their schools for their strong academic work, community involvement and team leadership. The winner's school will receive $25,000 for its general scholarship fund.
Luke Kuechly of Boston College was last year's winner.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two vie for A&M QB job as Joeckel to transfer
- Kentucky QB battle heats up as Whitlow exits
- Mankato players refuse to practice for old coach
- More trouble: 3 Texas A&M players arrested
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Kansas State Wildcats Purple 2013 Football Schedule T-Shirt