Charlie Strong mum on future
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Charlie Strong says he will answer questions about his future at Louisville when the time is right.
His comment Monday did more to fuel questions about whether he is leaving the Cardinals than it did to put them to rest.
Strong's name has surfaced for job openings at Tennessee and Auburn. When he was asked if he could definitively say he will be at Louisville next year, the third-year coach said, "I will say that at the right time."
Strong says he has not spoken with other schools and added that he has a great job at Louisville. He also says he is in a "no-win situation" regarding the reports about his future.
Louisville (10-2) will play Florida in the Jan. 2 Allstate Sugar Bowl.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Source: Indiana, Cincy set '21, '22 meetings
- Source: NC State-WVU series set for 2018-19
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Louisville Cardinals #5 Cardinal Red Replica Football Jersey