Art Briles, Baylor agree to deal
Baylor coach Art Briles has agreed to a new long-term deal, a school source told ESPN's Joe Schad on Tuesday. Briles was a strong candidate for the opening at Arkansas.
Baylor (7-5, 4-5 Big 12) has won at least seven games in three straight seasons -- the first time the Bears have done that since 1949-51.
After Baylor lost at Oklahoma on Nov. 10, it didn't appear that a third straight bowl game was in its future.
The Bears pulled off a 52-24 upset over Kansas State, which took over the No. 1 spot in the BCS rankings before traveling to Waco, and then rallied from an early two-touchdown deficit to win in overtime against Texas Tech.
Baylor finished off its regular season by beating Oklahoma State for only the second time in their last 17 meetings.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU starts No. 1 in preseason coaches' poll
- Florida St. lands Elite 11 QB recruit Francois
- Fired OSU band director was trying to fix culture
- Wake suspends top returning rusher Gibson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Black 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt