Paul Chryst staying at Pittsburgh
MADISON, Wis. -- Cross Pitt coach and former Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst off the list of candidates for the Badgers job.
Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez says Chryst is "going to stay at Pitt." Alvarez says he helped Chryst get the job at Pitt last year, and doesn't think it would be appropriate to hire him away after such a short time.
Chryst is from Madison and remains a popular figure at Wisconsin, and was considered the favorite to replace Bret Bielema.
Chryst released a statement Tuesday night saying he was committed to Pitt, and Alvarez says it wouldn't be right for him to leave after just one year. The Panthers are 6-6 and will play Mississippi in the BBVA Compass Bowl.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Pitt Panthers Tailgater Junior-Size Football