Tech's Chris Thomsen interim coach
LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech says offensive line coach Chris Thomsen will serve as interim coach of the Red Raiders for their bowl game this month against Minnesota.
More From ESPN.com
Cincinnati scored big with its hire of Tommy Tuberville, but how long will he stay? Andrea Adelson takes a closer look. Blog
Thomsen got the nod Monday, two days after Tommy Tuberville left to take the head coaching position at Cincinnati.
Also on Monday, Neal Brown, the team's offensive coordinator the past three years, resigned to take the same job at Kentucky.
The Red Raiders play Minnesota in the Meineke Car Care Bowl in Houston on Dec. 28.
Thomsen was 51-21 in seven seasons at Abilene Christian and led the Wildcats to the NCAA Division II playoffs six consecutive seasons. He arrived at Texas Tech in February.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Minnesota Golden Gophers Signature Series Full-Size Football