Oregon State suspends three players
CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Three Oregon State players arrested following a fight at a Corvallis bar over the weekend have been suspended from the team.
All face two counts of fourth-degree assault and one count of second-degree disorderly conduct. Mafi faces an additional charge for misrepresenting his age.
The players are due back in court on Jan. 10.
Among the players, Fifita saw the most action this season with 25 tackles and 2½ sacks in all 12 games. Rosa also played in 12 games while Mafi played in two.
The No. 15 Beavers (9-3) will play Texas in the Alamo Bowl on Dec. 29. It is unlikely any of the three will play in the bowl game.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Vandy hires Utah St.'s Maile as D-line coach
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oregon State Beavers Coaches Performance Black Polo