Barry Lunney Jr. hired by Arkansas
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas has announced the hiring of former quarterback Barry Lunney Jr. as the school's tight ends coach.
Lunney Jr. played for the Razorbacks from 1992-95, leading the school to the Southeastern Conference championship game in 1995. He most recently served as the Bentonville (Ark.) High School offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the past eight years -- winning a pair of state championships during that time.
Prior to his time as a high school assistant, during which he worked under his father, Lunney Jr. had served as the co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for two seasons at San Jose State. He also worked as the wide receivers and quarterbacks coach at Tulsa and served as a graduate assistant at Arkansas.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Cardinal Coaches Performance Polo