Curt Phillips granted sixth year
Wisconsin quarterback Curt Phillips has received a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA and will return for the 2013 season, the team announced Thursday.
Phillips missed both the 2010 and 2011 seasons after undergoing three surgeries on his right knee. He appeared in seven games this past season and started the final five after an injury to starter Joel Stave.
The 6-foot-3, 214-pound Phillips passed for 540 yards and five touchdowns with two interceptions. He added 99 rush yards on 27 carries. Phillips redshirted in 2008 and appeared in five games as a reserve in 2009.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Wisconsin Badgers Throwback Mini Football
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider