Nebraska-Iowa game date set
LINCOLN, Neb. -- The Big Ten has approved the request from Nebraska and Iowa to move their 2013 football game to the day after Thanksgiving in Lincoln, Neb.
Nebraska and Iowa met on the day after Thanksgiving in both 2011 and 2012, Nebraska's first two years in the Big Ten. The 2013 game will mark the 24th straight season Nebraska has played on the day after Thanksgiving.
Approval came from the league's Conference Administrators Council. Time and television information for the Nov. 29 game will be announced later.
The original Big Ten schedule had the teams playing the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Florida banged up entering spring practice
- Vandy hires Utah St.'s Maile as D-line coach
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Nebraska Cornhuskers #3 Black Replica Football Jersey