South Carolina tickets jump $45
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Football ticket prices are going up at South Carolina.
The school announced a $45 increase to season ticket prices for 2013, raising the cost to $365 a seat for the Gamecocks seven-game schedule. The school said Thursday it has not raised football season tickets since 2008.
Athletic director Ray Tanner said the additional revenue will help fund about $53 million in building new facilities and upgrading existing buildings. Among those projects approved by the University of South Carolina's board of trustees were a $17.5 million football practice facility and outdoor practice fields to replace ones currently across from Williams-Brice Stadium.
Funds were also approved to improve the plaza area around the football stadium and construct a building for lockers, a weight room and video room next to soccer's Stone Stadium.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas AD: Union push 'smells' of attorneys
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Source: Joeckel to transfer from A&M to TCU
- Mankato players to play for reinstated coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Youth South Carolina Gamecocks #7 Garnet Replica Football Jersey