South Carolina tickets jump $45
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Football ticket prices are going up at South Carolina.
The school announced a $45 increase to season ticket prices for 2013, raising the cost to $365 a seat for the Gamecocks seven-game schedule. The school said Thursday it has not raised football season tickets since 2008.
Athletic director Ray Tanner said the additional revenue will help fund about $53 million in building new facilities and upgrading existing buildings. Among those projects approved by the University of South Carolina's board of trustees were a $17.5 million football practice facility and outdoor practice fields to replace ones currently across from Williams-Brice Stadium.
Funds were also approved to improve the plaza area around the football stadium and construct a building for lockers, a weight room and video room next to soccer's Stone Stadium.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Briles on Fisher's critique: Worry about ACC
- FSU coach explains why Winston unpunished
- Top WR picks Auburn over USC, Tide, OSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's South Carolina Gamecocks Garnet Football Tech Performance T-Shirt