Report: Navy investigating players
Navy is investigating three football players for sexually assaulting a female student, Military.com reported Thursday.
The Naval Academy did not name the players, but provided a statement to ABC News.
"Naval Academy leadership is monitoring the progress of this investigation and evaluating the appropriate options for adjudication," Cmdr. John Schofield said in the statement. "It is completely inappropriate to make any other public comment on this investigation or any ongoing investigation as we risk compromising the military justice process."
Sexual assaults at the Naval Academy increased from 11 in 2011 to 15 in 2012, according to Military.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Navy Midshipmen Navy Football Tech Performance T-Shirt