Charles Sims can seek transfer
After meeting with Houston coach Tony Levine this week, according to a source, Sims has been told he cannot transfer to:
• Any school in the American Athletic Conference
• Any school on Houston's 2013 schedule
• Any school in the state of Texas
Sims is eligible to transfer and play this season because of his status as a graduate student but Sims still needed to be granted permission to be contacted by particular programs interested. It had been widely speculated that Sims would go play for Texas Tech and coach Kliff Kingsbury.
Instead, the source said Sims is now interested in playing for West Virginia, coached by former Houston assistant Dana Holgorsen, or California, coached by Sonny Dykes. Sims could also apply for the NFL supplemental draft, but it appears he wants to play this season in order to improve his draft status.
Sims ran for 851 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, averaging 6.0 yards per carry.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas hires search committee for new coach
- UW looking into alleged recruiting violations
- Sun Devils promote Norvell to deputy HC
- Bowling Green hires EIU's Babers as coach