RB Marlin Lane back with Tennessee
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee running back Marlin Lane is back with the team after missing much of spring practice for disciplinary reasons.
Tennessee coach Butch Jones confirmed to The Associated Press on Sunday morning that Lane has been reinstated.
The Knoxville News-Sentinel and Chattanooga Times Free Press had reported that Jones said during a Friday night appearance in Cleveland, Tenn., that Lane was working out with the team again.
Lane missed the last four spring practice sessions along with the Orange & White Game for disciplinary reasons.
The Volunteers are counting on Lane and Rajion Neal to lead their running game this season. Lane rushed for 658 yards and two touchdowns on 120 carries last season. Neal ran for 708 yards and five touchdowns on 156 carries.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Tennessee Volunteers #45 Replica Football Jersey