Rushel Shell to choose W.Va. or UK
Pittsburgh coach Paul Chryst would not allow Shell to return, so the running back was forced to find another school. Shell, who has two young daughters, wants to remain close to home in Hopewell, in the southern part of Pennsylvania.
West Virginia was among the schools that offered him a scholarship after his record-setting senior year at Hopewell High School in Aliquippa, Pa. Shell set the state's career high school rushing record with 9,078 yards.
If Shell transfers to an FBS school, he will have to sit out the 2013 season and would have three years of eligibility remaining.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Pitt Panthers Blue 2013 Football Schedule T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider