Rushel Shell to choose W.Va. or UK
Pittsburgh coach Paul Chryst would not allow Shell to return, so the running back was forced to find another school. Shell, who has two young daughters, wants to remain close to home in Hopewell, in the southern part of Pennsylvania.
West Virginia was among the schools that offered him a scholarship after his record-setting senior year at Hopewell High School in Aliquippa, Pa. Shell set the state's career high school rushing record with 9,078 yards.
If Shell transfers to an FBS school, he will have to sit out the 2013 season and would have three years of eligibility remaining.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA reaches settlement in concussion suit
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Pitt Panthers Blue #4 Football Game Jersey